Good news! We look forward to resuming regular treatment on May 20th.
After 2 months we can start seeing non-emergency patients again. There will be some guidelines that the American Dental Association has given us to follow to help maintain patient safety until a COVID-19 vaccine is readily available.
Here are the updated guidelines that we will follow and request that you read. We’ll remind you of them in all appointment confirmations and reminders until they aren’t needed anymore.
- Pre-appointment screening: Before each appointment you will be asked if at any time during the past two weeks you have had a fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, or been in contact with anybody that has a known COVID-19 infection.
- Patient check in: If you pass the pre-appointment screening, we will ask you to arrive but wait in your car or outside. Notify us via the Modento app (https://modento.app.link/ballard or call us 206-781-9204 when you have arrived and are ready. When we are ready, we will notify you that you can come up. We ask that only the patient being treated or guardian for younger patients come up to the office. You will be required to wear a mask of some sort. Our kid’s room will remain closed.
- Arrival: Once you come into the office, please use our hand sanitizer and maintain the suggested 6 feet distance between other patients and staff. A staff member will be out to take your temperature.
- For your information, we have always prided ourselves in following or surpassing all sterilization requirements. We use only proven cleaners, sterilization techniques and equipment. Everything is either thrown away, run through an autoclave for sterilization or sprayed and wiped with the highest sterilization chemicals possible. We minimize disposable and wipe down procedures to minimize the negative impact on the environment with an emphasis on autoclavable equipment. We do weekly spore testing to verify that our equipment is sterilizing as expected. We will continue with the utmost protection with your safety in mind.
- Furthermore, we will add in the following additional procedures until COVID-19 is no longer a serious threat: clean all surface areas in the reception area hourly, wiping down all flat surfaces in the procedure rooms to make sure any airborne particles are eliminated in between all patients.
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns about these procedures.
Your dental team Ballard Dentistry